NAAA Annual Awards
Since the early days of the Association, NAAA has recognized the outstanding achievements of individual members through the NAAA Annual Awards. At the 50th Annual Convention & Exposition in Long Beach, Calif., NAAA will recognize a new crop of individuals who have helped the industry and the Association chart a confident course for agricultural aviation.
2016 NAAA Awards Information will be available in Feb. 2016
NAAA Award Categories
- Agrinaut Award: Honors the agricultural aircraft operator or operating organization that has made an outstanding contribution in the field of ag aircraft operations. The recipient for the award must be or have been actively engaged in commercial agricultural application with an agricultural aircraft and the achievement cited should be a “state of the art” contribution for the benefit of the agricultural aircraft industry as a whole.
- Allied Industry Individual Award: Recognizes the NAAA members or staff and/or an allied industry individual who has significantly contributed to the allied industry and their exhibit efforts.
- Delta Air Lines “Puffer” Award: Recognizes the individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the design of agricultural aircraft and/or related equipment.
- Evans-Christopher Operation S.A.F.E. Award: Recognizes individuals or entities that have made outstanding contributions to the Operation S.A.F.E. program. This Award is presented by NAAREF.
- John Robert Horne Memorial Award: Honors a pilot with five years or less experience in the agricultural aviation industry that has an exemplary safety record and/or has contributed to safety in ag aviation.
- Larsen-Miller Community Service Award: Recognizes outstanding contributions by a member to his community.
- Opal & Bill Binnion Memorial Award: Acknowledges those who contribute to the NAAA in its efforts to educate the public about aerial application.
- Outstanding Service Award: Awards outstanding service to the commercial agricultural aviation industry or to its association.
- Related Industry Award: Recognizes outstanding contributions by an allied industry member and his company.
- William O. Marsh Safety Award: Recognizes significant achievements in safety, safety education or an outstanding operational safety program.
Congratulations, 2015 Award Winners!
2015 NAAA Award Winners
- Allied Industry Individual Award: Denis Parisien, Pratt & Whitney Canada
- Delta Air Lines "Puffer" Award: Dave Eby, Agriflite Services Inc.
- John Robert Horne Memorial Award: Rob Aslesen, Aerial Farm Services and Greg Stokes, Stokes Flying Services
- Larsen-Miller Community Service Award: Leslie Craft, Craft Air Services
- Opal & Bill Binnion Memorial Award: Ken Degg, NAAA
- Outstanding Service Award: Randy Hale, Hale Dusting Service
- William O. Marsh Safety Award: Terry Humphrey, Thrush Aircraft
- Evans-Christopher Operation S.A.F.E. Award: Dennis Gardisser, WRK of Arkansas