10 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Membership
- Get Involved
Go beyond the exchange of business cards as you attend conventions, meetings, join committees and become an NAAA board member. The association grows in credibility and reputation as a result of volunteer input, and each volunteer gains experience and leadership as a result of participation in NAAA activities. Getting involved is as easy as contacting your state association to learn more ways you can serve on the board!
- Take Charge of Your Professional Development
From the PAASS Program to Operation S.A.F.E. pattern-testing clinics, participation in these programs reinforces safety and protocols and helps keep regulators away and drift incidents down. NAAA also promotes excellence through it’s NAAA/Syngenta Leadership Training Program which teaches participants how to effectively promote the positive image of the aerial application industry.
- Visit www.AgAviation.org
This website is your home base for all things NAAA. You can access your member portal, find the latest NAAA news, view event information, shop for NAAA merchandise, tap into media resources, access a library of archives, find career opportunities, and more!
- Be a Part of a Grassroots Community
Members don’t just join NAAA, they belong. With such a tight-knit community, you’ll forge lasting ties with others who have common professional interests and business concerns. You may even find a mentor or become a mentor to someone else. Either way, NAAA offers a great support network for personal and professional growth.
- Experience an NAAA event
Whether it’s the annual Ag Aviation Expo or a Regional Meeting, NAAA events are educational, and fun. Educational sessions are sure to keep you current with the aerial application industry, while the expo connects you with vendors and keeps you up-to-date with the latest technology. Attending events gives you the opportunity to meet new colleagues and make lasting friendships. NAAA members receive discounted rates on event registration fees. View the NAAA events calendar to see what is scheduled!
- Tap Into Our Collective Voice
NAAA is your dedicated team to lobby, advocate and build awareness about the agricultural aviation industry. NAAA flexes it’s political muscle when it comes to facing challenges that face the industry such as ensuring the safety of low-flying ag aircraft as the FAA integrates UAVs into the national airspace and opposing efforts to eliminate our fuel tax exemption. Get familiar with our policy initiatives and the issues we're tackling on Capitol Hill. There are also a variety of educational materials such as brochures, videos, media kits and curriculum guides NAAA has developed for your use.
- Update Your NAAA profile – Making sure that your contact information is correct ensures that you are receiving your issue of Ag Aviation magazine as well as other important membership information such as invoices, eNewsletters, and other print and digital communications that keep you current with the association and the industry. Learn how to update your profile HERE.
- Take Advantage of Member Perks
NAAA members receive discounted registration fees to attend annual conference and allied member companies receive substantial booth discounts for booth fees to exhibit at the Ag Aviation Expo tradeshow. Plus, members can earn cash-back rebates for participating in NAAA’s Recruit-Rebates-Rewards Program.
- Stay Informed – NAAA is a leading source for information. As a member, you’ll get weekly eNewsletters and our quarterly publication Ag Aviation magazine (available in print and digital format). Members can also always explore archived issues. Members also receive highly sought after NAAA Membership Directory (available in print and online) which is your one-stop shop to find professional operators, pilots and allied companies providing the parts, services and equipment you need to run your business.
- Learn about National Agricultural Aviation Research and Education Foundation (NAREFF)
The charitable arm of NAAA, NAREFF engages in activities that promote and foster research, technology and advanced education among aerial applicators, allied industries, government agencies and academic institutions. NAAREF provides industry-leading education and training programs that enhance safety, professionalism and efficiency including Professional Aerial Applicators’ Support System (PAASS), Operation S.A.F.E. and Compass Rose.