Section: September/October 2014 Issue
Spin Doctors
Helicopters are an important subset of aerial application that provides the same precision application services as their fixed-wing counterparts, just in a different way. According to NAAA's 2012 Aerial Application Industry Survey, fixed-wing aircraft account for 87% of the industry's fleet, with rotorcraft/helicopters making up the other 13%. Unofficially, that figure may be even higher, as helicopter use appears to be on the rise in recent years.