NAAA Procedures for a Healthy & Safe Ag Aviation Expo
Savannah Convention Center & Westin Savannah
The NAAA Ag Aviation Expo is scheduled to take place in person in Savannah, GA this Dec. 7-10. NAAA is diligently working on plans to help with social distancing throughout our convention. We are also working with the city and our contracted facilities to understand their steps for additional disinfecting/sanitizing during our show.
A few of the procedures that NAAA will consider implementing include:
- We will create 6 feet of space between people in our registration line and at our registration desk. See the image below for a sample of what this will look like. Staff will wipe down the desk in between each person and we strongly encourage you to register online or over the phone this year. If you have purchased a booth space, you do not need to register as an attendee.
- We will create a social distancing flow on our NAAA Trade Show floor with arrows and distance marker stickers. See the image below; this is not for our show, but we will create a similar flow. We are also discussing tactics to control the number of people on the trade show floor at one time.
- Depending on availability of products, we will have PPE stations on the floor and in the registration area that will house hand sanitizer, gloves and face masks.
- We will set up our meeting rooms to have sections of seating with chairs spaced apart for those that do not want to sit close to others.
- We encourage elbow bumping instead of handshakes and encourage you to travel with and wear face masks and gloves.
- We will also be implementing changes with the food and beverage at our receptions, banquets and coffee breaks so that multiple people are not touching banquet station handles.
NAAA is proceeding as is for our Ag Aviation Expo and will keep you informed of any changes. The room block is open at three great hotels in Savannah and the city is excited for our return this December. View the hotel booking details.
Example of new registration flow at the Ag Aviation Expo to distance attendees 6 ft. apart.
The NAAA Trade Show floor will have a flow throughout the hall to help distance people. The above graphic is a sample, not the final NAAA floor plan.
Savannah Convention Center
NAAA is also working with the city of Savannah and its contracted facilities to understand their steps for additional disinfecting/sanitizing during our show. The Savannah Convention Center will be one of the leading convention centers in the country to achieve the GBAC STAR™ accreditation for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention. The Georgia World Congress Center Authority (GWCCA), which manages the Savannah Convention Center where the Ag Aviation Expo will take place, announced the accreditation news last week. GWCCA is among a handful of venues in the first wave of leaders committing to this accreditation.
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), a division of ISSA, the leading trade association for the cleaning industry, recently announced this facility accreditation program.
Additionally, GWCCA leaders are co-chairing an International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM) Events Industry Health & Safety Advisory Council focused on venue hygiene, sanitation, and employee training best practices, furthering its leadership role in helping to set guidance for delivering a safe and healthy environment for all event venues in the industry.
The performance based GBAC STAR program enables facilities to create and maintain an effective cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program. To achieve GBAC STAR accreditation, facilities must demonstrate compliance with the program’s 20 elements, which range from standard operating procedures and risk assessment strategies to personal protective equipment and emergency preparedness and response measures. View more Savannah Convention Center measures here.