NAAA Procedures for a Healthy & Safe Ag Aviation Expo
Savannah Convention Center & Westin Savannah
The NAAA Ag Aviation Expo is scheduled to take place in person in Savannah, GA this Dec. 7-10. NAAA has diligently worked on plans to help with social distancing throughout our convention. We have also worked with the city and our contracted facilities to understand their steps for additional disinfecting/sanitizing during our show.
A few of the procedures that NAAA is implementing include:
- Savannah currently has a mask mandate in place and all hotels require a mask in public spaces. We encourage you to wear a face mask at the Ag Aviation Expo when you are not eating, drinking, or sitting socially distanced from other attendees/exhibitors.
- There will be a PPE station located in the registration area with neck gators sponsored by Bayer CropScience, 3-ply face masks and gloves. Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the convention center.
- There will be six feet of space between people in our registration desk line (see graphic below). Please register online or over the phone at (202) 546-5722 until Dec. 3 to avoid standing in the registration line. If you have purchased a booth space, you do not need to register as an attendee.
- Meeting rooms will have sections of seating with chairs spaced apart for those that do not want to sit close to others and seats that are grouped together for those who have traveled together.
- We will create a social distancing flow on our NAAA Trade Show floor (see graphic below) with arrows and distance marker stickers for foot traffic to follow to keep proper distancing.
- We encourage elbow bumping instead of handshakes.
- We will also be implementing changes with the food and beverage at our receptions, banquets, and coffee breaks so that multiple people are not touching banquet station handles.
- View the Savannah Convention Center protocols here.
NAAA is proceeding as is for our Ag Aviation Expo and will keep you informed of any changes. The room block is open at three great hotels in Savannah and the city is excited for our return this December. View the hotel booking details. All hotels require face masks in public spaces.
New registration flow at the Ag Aviation Expo to distance attendees 6 ft. apart.
The NAAA Trade Show floor will have a flow throughout the hall to help distance people.
Savannah Convention Center
NAAA is also working with the city of Savannah and its contracted facilities to understand their steps for additional disinfecting/sanitizing during our show. The Savannah Convention Center will be one of the leading convention centers in the country to achieve the GBAC STAR™ accreditation for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention. The Georgia World Congress Center Authority (GWCCA), which manages the Savannah Convention Center where the Ag Aviation Expo will take place, announced the accreditation news last week. GWCCA is among a handful of venues in the first wave of leaders committing to this accreditation.
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), a division of ISSA, the leading trade association for the cleaning industry, recently announced this facility accreditation program.
Additionally, GWCCA leaders are co-chairing an International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM) Events Industry Health & Safety Advisory Council focused on venue hygiene, sanitation, and employee training best practices, furthering its leadership role in helping to set guidance for delivering a safe and healthy environment for all event venues in the industry.
The performance based GBAC STAR program enables facilities to create and maintain an effective cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program. To achieve GBAC STAR accreditation, facilities must demonstrate compliance with the program’s 20 elements, which range from standard operating procedures and risk assessment strategies to personal protective equipment and emergency preparedness and response measures. View more Savannah Convention Center measures here.