NAAA Media Relations Kit
It can be a challenge to get our positive message of protecting agriculture, forestry and public health to the public and the media, but the importance of it is clear. The media reaches the masses and the masses influence public policy and opinion. NAAA works to communicate to the media by pitching positive industry stories, sending press releases and responding to press inquiries and through a variety of other means. However, your voice as an aerial applicator matters to broaden our reach and is duly needed to communicate the good word about the industry.
NAAA’s Media Relations Kit is designed to provide guidance and materials for your use as an aerial applicator when communicating to the public, students, media and/or local, state or national officials about the industry’s value to food, fiber, forestry and bioenergy production. These resources will help you become a more confident public advocate. However, should a situation arise where you don’t feel comfortable answering a question or representing the agricultural aviation industry, remember that you can always refer media to NAAA at (202) 546-5722 or your state/regional association.
Log in to view the following pages:
- Why Your Voice as an Aerial Applicator Matters
- How to Communicate Aerial Applicators’ Message to the Media and Public
- Importance of Aerial Application to Agriculture
- Environmental Safety Aspects of Agricultural Aviation
- Aviation Safety Aspects of Agricultural Aviation
- Towers and Other Obstructions to Low-Level Aviation
- Agricultural Aviation Security
- Media Fact Sheets
- Sample Press Releases