Initial Approval & Renewal Requirements
Analyst Technician’s Role
A lot of resources are needed to conduct an Operation S.A.F.E. fly-in when several aircraft are expected. It is advantageous to have someone work in the analysis center full time so that aircraft’s pattern results can be obtained in a timely fashion. NAAREF established the position of Operation S.A.F.E. Analyst Technician in 2009 to fulfill this need. Technicians will help conduct all the operations of a fly-in except analysis review with the pilot and making recommendations on what to do to change aircraft setup parameters.
The role of Operation S.A.F.E. Analyst Technician is to:
- Assist with logistics in preparation for a fly-in.
- Assist with the initial set up of the analysis center computers and equipment and assist the analyst with initial field set up on equipment.
- Assist with pilot briefings so they know when and how to fly the flight line properly.
- Assist pilots filling out data sheets on nozzle specifics needed to do a thorough analysis.
- Conduct computer analysis operations of the field data as it is collected. The on-site analyst will always be available to assist with technical questions as they come up.
- Assist with record keeping and report summaries.
- Assist with pack-up and transport preparations for the equipment once the workshop is completed.
- Work with news media and other interested groups as appropriate.
NAAREF may approve qualified individuals to be Operation S.A.F.E. Analyst Technicians upon nomination by either of the methods listed below. Initial approval period will end on the 31st day of December of the third year from the date of completion and may be renewed every three years by meeting the requirements explained under Recertification.
A. Attend and successfully complete an NAAA/NAAREF-approved analyst technician’s training course.
B. Existing analysts may recommend individuals that possess the knowledge and skills to serve as a technician.
Analyst technicians may renew their approval by providing written documentation to NAAREF of completion of items (A) and (B) prior to expiration of their triennial approval or renewal.
A. Once every three years an approved analyst technician must certify attendance at a minimum of three meetings of any combination of the following:
- Attend an NAAA Convention
- Attend a PAASS educational program
- Attend a State/Regional AAA Convention
- Attend a national ASAE/ASTM Pesticide Application Meeting
B. At least twice in the three-year period an analyst technician must assist in an Operation S.A.F.E. Fly-In in which at least five (5) aircraft are calibrated.
C. Each analyst technician will maintain currency through literature and professional interaction.
Evans-Christopher Operation S.A.F.E. Award
Operation S.A.F.E. Aircraft Information Form
Analyst Renewal Application
Technician Renewal Application
Operation S.A.F.E. Brochure