Attention, higher education students: Don’t miss out on the opportunity to compete for $3,000 in educational scholarships.
The NAAA Support Committee will contribute $2,000 and Covington Aircraft Engines has generously agreed to contribute $1,000. The deadline for the 2023 Support Scholarship Media Contest has passed. 2024 details will be posted soon; please check back.
If you are an NAAA member (or become one by June 15), the Support Committee invites you to sponsor an individual in the 2023 Support Scholarship Media Contest. Any educational pursuit beyond high school (at any age) is eligible. Entrants must be a senior in high school or be registered in higher education by the fall semester of 2023. The competition is open to anyone sponsored by an NAAA member. Previous winners are not eligible to compete.
The theme for this year’s submission is “What value does ag aviation bring to your local economy?”
Options for submission
- Minimum of 1,500 word essay
- Minimum 5-minute multi-media presentation (video or PowerPoint)
Topic deviation and/or modification will not be accepted. Personal opinions are encouraged. Submissions will be judged on content, theme development, clarity, originality and proper grammar. At least one outside accredited source must be cited in a bibliography or works cited page. Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
Each submission must contain the entrant’s name, address, email address, telephone number, sponsor’s name and/or company name, how you know the sponsor, address and telephone number. A photograph of the entrant and short biography must also be provided.
Receipt of the essay will be acknowledged by email. 2023 winners will be notified by phone and letter and recognized at the 2023 NAAA Ag Aviation Expo in Palm Springs, Calif.
- 2022 First Place Essay: The Vital Role of Ag Aviation in Producing a Local Economy
- 2021 First Place Essay: What Role Does Ag Aviation Play in Producing a Local Commodity?
- 2019 First Place PowerPoint: The Value of Membership
- 2019 First Place Essay: What Value Does Membership Have for Me?
- 2018 First Place Essay: Safety in the Ag Community
- 2017 First Place Essay: Creating a Positive Image of Aerial Application in Our Communities
- 2016 First Place Essay: Today’s Debate: The Pros and Cons of ADS-B
Selected submission will be published on the NAAA website and may be published in Agricultural Aviation magazine, the official publication of NAAA. All submissions become the property of the NAAA. The judges’ decision is final. In the event the entries received lack outstanding merit, the Support Committee of NAAA reserves the right not to award the scholarship(s).